Re: Whois on CDROM

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Tue Sep 22 15:31:38 1998

On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 09:36:29AM -0400, Lloyd Taylor wrote:
> A publisher in Hawaii is preparing to release the 'whois' database
> on CDROM.  These are apparently the folks who got cut off by InterNIC
> because of their massive download of whois records.

Perhaps this explains the sudden rush of p-mail I'm getting to the
address in my whois record.  I modified that address subtly so that,
while it was still deliverable, I'd know if mail coming to me was
addressed from the whois file or not, and this past month I've gotten
more than in the 3 years before that.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     "The net is safer in bad weather: you
The Suncoast Freenet               can't run a backhoe
Tampa Bay, Florida     in a hurricane."  (after Sean Donelan)  +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com