Re: Frame Relay encap vis-a-vis point-to-point at UUNET

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Mon Sep 21 20:57:10 1998

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Jerry Scharf wrote:

> the engineer gave it to you straight. They use cascades reduce the per
> port costs on the cisco. Cisco recently added channellized T3s, but this
> is years after UUNET made their design decisions. I know htis because I
> heard it from the person who did hte design at UUNET.

Even with the new CT3 cards on the Cisco, there are still many benefits to
using the Cascades to aggerate T1 customers.

><>
Nathan Stratton				Telecom & ISP Consulting
www.robotics.net	 		nathan@robotics.net
--
"No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by
his great strength."                               - Psalm 33:16