Re: How to loadshare over many E1 links

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Fri Sep 18 12:07:16 1998
  • Newsgroups: maillist.nanog

In article <19980918095708.B10051@skriver.dk> you write:
>How would you loadshare over many (>6) parallel E1 links. Currently we
>do it by connecting them directly to the Cisco's in each end, and do
>CEF based per-packet loadsharing, it works fine, but support a max of
>6 E1's ...

	Cisco has a nice white paper on this:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/733/adap/multi/althb_wp.htm

	I think Multilink PPP may be your answer, as it goes
up to 8 links.  There is a CPU hit though, I've never tried
Multilink on a high speed interface so I don't know how bad
it might affect the router.

--
Leo Bicknell - bicknell@dimension.net
Network Engineer (CCIE #3440) - Dimension Enterprises