Re: TLD whois servers

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Thu Sep 17 18:48:49 1998
  • Newsgroups: maillist.nanog

In article <6ts1pf$dgv@gizmo.dimension.net> you write:
>[ On Thu, September 17, 1998 at 14:03:01 (-0700), Rodney Joffe wrote: ]
>> Subject: TLD whois servers
>>
>> Does anyone have a partial list that we can incorporate, or pointers to
>> resources?
>
>The most recent version of the list of servers I have collected to use
>in my awhois.sh script is always available here:
>
>	ftp://ftp.weird.com/pub/local/ahwois.sh

	In line with recent discussions I'll point out that
rwhois eliminates the need for such things by putting them
all inside the system (via referrals).  This is one of the
reasons I wish we could get a lot of people behind rwhois and
make those minor improvments necessary to get it out.

--
Leo Bicknell - bicknell@dimension.net
Network Engineer (CCIE #3440) - Dimension Enterprises