Re: Director Database Marketing (Herndon VA US)

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Wed Sep 09 00:13:21 1998

On Tue, Sep 08, 1998 at 09:59:23PM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:

> Another point, perhaps, that these are government records and not private
> property?

That's my contention. But the big question is: do we differentiate between
WHOIS data and the actual domains? I think NSI claims that the WHOIS data
is theirs, regardless of whether the domains themselves belong to them or
the public.

The WHOIS data is what I don't want being sold.

--

"You know, I've decided lizards aren't too smart."
   --Me, to "Junior", one of my iguanas