Re: European/Asian equivalents to NANOG?

  • From: Chris Chaundy
  • Date: Sat Sep 05 19:25:06 1998

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

> There is, of course, worldwide input into the NANOG list.  Are there
> equivalent  and active lists for European and Asian ISPs?  If so, how does
> one sign up?  I'm giving an European routing tutorial and want to be able
> to refer students to appropriate lists/web pages on exterior routing in
> their regions.

The nearest thing to the NANOG meeting in the Asia Pacific area is the annual
APRICOT (Asia Pacific Regional Internet Conference on Operational Technologies
;-) conference, and the organisations associated with this have mailing lists,
but the technical/operational content tends not to be as high as with NANOG
(well, sometimes ;-) - lots of regional politics and policy issues.

See http://www.apricot.net/.
--
Chris Chaundy (Core Engineering Manager)

connect.com.au pty ltd, Level 9, 114 Albert Rd, Sth Melbourne, VIC 3205, Aust.
Internet: chris@connect.com.au   Phone: +61 3 9251-3671   Fax: +61 3 9251-3666