Re: BGP Communities - almost an operational question

  • From: Marten Terpstra
  • Date: Tue Sep 01 11:45:07 1998

 * > I've been trying to find out any logical reason why Ciscos limit me
 * > to 16 communities per route. I'm not asking on cisco-nsp as I want
 * > to know whether other routers suffer this limitation.
 * >
 * > So:
 * > a) Have I just read the RFC wrong?
 * > b) Does other s/w (GateD. Bay etc.) have the same limitation?

No max (other than message length) for Bay. I just tested with 100
communities and it worked as expected.

-Marten