BayNetworks BGP weirdness last night

  • From: Scott Gifford
  • Date: Mon Aug 31 16:53:04 1998

  Anybody else with a Bay Networks router using BGP see weirdness last
night?  Our router started shutting down BGP links saying "AS Loop
Detected", but turning on BGP debugging didn't find anything that looked
like a loop to me.  Eventually I had to turn off loop detection.

  I was wondering if our router was being weird on its own, or if a route
made it into the global routing tables yesterday that Bay's software
misconstrued...

  Thanks,

------Scott.