Re: Transaction Based Settlements Encourage Waste (was Re: BBN /GTEI)

  • From: steve
  • Date: Mon Aug 31 16:52:19 1998

On Sun, Aug 30, 1998 at 08:30:50PM -0700, Brett_Watson@enron.net wrote:
> well alright, they're not perfect but i seriously doubt that if an isp
> customer (anyone's customer) disputed pulling down a 1.5M .zip file
> sometime last month as part of their overall usage sensative bill that said
> isp could show the customer proof in the log files or captured packet
> traces.  my only point was that we have a long way to go on the isp side.

	Now doesn't that open a whole new can of worms, logging the sites
that a customer hits, or worse, sniffing packets and logging them.  The
legality of this starts to feel a little questoinalble.  I would also fear the
day these 'records' were pulled into a court case, or worse...

--
Steven O. Noble -- Sr. Backbone Engineer, Exodus Communications (EXDS)
                     --   Work:408.346.2333  --