MAE-East - Operational question

  • From: Alex Bligh
  • Date: Wed Aug 19 16:27:56 1998

Guys,

Does anyone care about trying to get packet loss over MAE-East reduced
any more? Some peers have quite heavy packet loss to them from where
I'm sitting, and have done for a good while. It seems to me it's
not a problem with my port, and I don't think I have head of line blocking
problems, which means it's either a Gigaswitch problem, or their ports
are simply full. Does anyone still hassle Worldcom and peers about this
or have we lost hope of ever getting it fixed (i.e. people peer privately
or hope other exchange points or a replacement will come along).

--
Alex Bligh
GX Networks (formerly Xara Networks)