open relays at Earthlink

  • From: Adam D. McKenna
  • Date: Mon Aug 17 11:00:29 1998

Earthlink has the following open mail relays:

gull.prod.itd.earthlink.net
snipe.prod.itd.earthlink.net
(a couple of other earthlink hosts, I can't remember which now, they were
all in the .prod.itd.earthlink.net subdomain.)

I know this because I have been getting spammed by someone using them for
the past week.  I have tried e-mailing abuse@earthlink.net several times and
have received no response.

I'm hoping a clueful Earthlink admin will see this post and take the
appropriate action.  If not, then maybe Earthlink should be "nominated" for
RBL.

--Adam
---
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `:)'

Adam D. McKenna
adam@flounder.net