Re: BBN Peering issues

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Thu Aug 13 19:08:59 1998

On Thu, Aug 13, 1998 at 07:49:06AM -0700, Robert Bowman wrote:
> And, in actuality, the business decision is quite easy--BBN
> isn't nearly enough of a player to pull a stunt like this.  Obviously their egos
> are larger than their network, but egos don't route packets very well.

I can't imagine why they might have thought they would be... UUnet
apparently isn't; and their backbone hauls a _lot_ more bytes than
BBN's does...

Cheers,
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,
Tampa Bay, Florida             on alt.fan.heinlein             +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com