IS-IS or OSPF as BGP IGP

  • From: Martin, Christian
  • Date: Fri Jul 17 19:24:55 1998

All,

Does anyone have any information on redistributing BGP traffic into OSPF
versus ISIS?  What about just carrying IBGP sessions?  My OSPF database
is growing, and I'd rather not carry LSAs with BGP routes as well as
private routes, etc.  Too messy.  By introducing ISIS and using it only
as a BGP IGP, what can I expect?  Experiences with Cisco gear preffered.

-Christian