Re: Cisco scripts??

  • From: Chris Fournier
  • Date: Tue Jul 07 21:21:45 1998

> I doubt that this can be done using snmp. I would guess that rcp of tftp
> wouldbe the way to do it. a simple expect script could quite easily tftp
> the running config

Umm just a bad feeling on this, that means you have to store the password
in the script.. thats bad news..  Currently I have my router setup like this.

--
ip rcmd rcp-enable
ip rcmd rsh-enable

shttpd is the username my secured server runs as. This way you can
either  'rsh router show run' or if you want to write a script that
will download it local and have it cache with
'rcp router:running-config localfile'. It is also an easy way to manage
ACLs without having to cut and paste via telnet.