Re: Host for NANOG 14 & modified NANOG Business Model (fwd)

  • From: Michael R. Wayne
  • Date: Wed Jul 01 16:36:29 1998

Possiblities:

1) Since hotels are notorious for overcharging for food, skip the food
   entirely and print up flyers listing several nearby eating
   establishments.  Note that many hotels WILL actually let you supply
   your own pop and munchies if you do not expect them to serve it and
   do not charge.

2) Use second or third tier hotels.  The smaller hotels will not
   nickel-and-dime you for everything and can be negotiated with on
   expenses (I assume everyone knows betther than to pay what the hotel
   first asks for?)  We didn't use that much function space so many of
   the smaller hotels are an option.

/\/\ \/\/