Re: GRE packets

  • From: John Hawkinson
  • Date: Wed Jun 17 16:01:03 1998

> Anyone have a definitive list or info on network operators who definately
> allow or definately disallow GRE packets across their networks.
>
> Sorry for the semi-operational content :)

It's hard to imagine any serious network providers who would
block arbitrary kinds of traffic.

Anything you'd hope to gain by such an action seems futile anyway --
the people you're trying to stop could always tunnel through some
other mechanism.

--jhawk
  (we certainly allow GRE packets and expect everyone else does, too)