Re: Government scrutiny is headed our way

  • From: Kent W. England
  • Date: Wed Jun 17 11:41:26 1998

If software from OFRV can do ingress source address checking without
performance penalty on edge devices, it should be included as a default. It
doesn't make sense to me to run around yelling about strange people in your
house if there is technology that can bar entry. Install the lock that is
already there and lock the door.

We just have to get creative about describing the inclusion of the feature,
attendance at a congressional hearing, a demonstration at an industry
conference, and a well written press release about how "we" are doing
something about the problem. IOPS could do this. NANOG's press secretary or
executive director could do this.  :-)

--Kent

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net>