Re: RBL Update (Re: Lets go vixie!! rbl)

  • From: Bill Becker
  • Date: Wed Jun 17 10:34:13 1998

> [you pretty much can't be more wrong on 2511: the amendment and its
> hearings completely resolves our debate.]

This isn't about logic-chopping -- It's about whether it is feasable to stop
people from crapping all over your network.

> I guess its an emotional topic for many, but this is the current law.
> Maybe you can still get the law changed regarding spam.

If 2511 were relevant to spam, then Wallace Stanford would be a
millionaire today instead of having his ass in a sling.

> MSN just has to change from "You have to take it up with the company you
> want to
> send mail to", to "you have to take it up with the company you want to send
> mail, and if they didn't block it, you should contact the FBI"

If any network wants to connect to our network, then it should be done
according to our acceptable-use policy.  If MSN or their accounts don't
like our policies, they can go piss up a rope.

Bill