Duplicate and conflicting NIC Handles

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Jun 16 23:19:20 1998

Well, it looks like we have yet another WHOIS database, whois.nic.gov.
The problem is the creators didn't remembered the lessons from previous
WHOIS databases, namely they've created duplicate conflicting NIC Handles.

NIC-DOM has a conflict in whois.nic.mil and whois.nic.gov.
GB1 also has a conflict in various whois databases.

What a mess.  Obviously I missed the announcement on the change, does
anyone know where it was posted, or who is in charge this week?