Re: gated

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Fri Jun 12 12:02:32 1998

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 11:16:32PM -0700, Paul Vixie wrote:

> but you know what?  i'm flattered.  all that hype about how commercial
> grade code can only come from strong engineering companies with good
> funding, real management, and so on -- and there's my code at the heart
> of a couple of products i won't mention here, with my name ripped out.
> seeing my code used in this way just tells me that i don't charge enough
> when i'm out consulting.

Well... let's face facts here, you are involved and have been involved
for a long time in the development of software that is instrumental in the
operation of the Internet. It does not surprise me at all that what you
speak of is happening.

> and also for the record, we're commercializing BIND since i'm no longer
> able to fund it out of my own pocket (my pocket is now empty) and we
> ended up not getting the kind of donations we needed as a nonprofit.

Does this mean the ISC is going away?

> pacbell!vixie!paul

Wow. I didn't think people still listed bangpaths as e-mail addresses.

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,