So... what's the best routing solution for..

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Wed Jun 10 22:15:59 1998

... a small operation with a few computers (maybe three or four servers
plus a handful of other computers)...

... that is not multihomed, and in fact will just be running an Ethernet
link down to the ISP downstairs...

...that is too small to get an ASN and therefore can't do BGP...

Do I go with gated or something similar, or try to pick up a cheap used
router... because I am going to be in this situation within the next
couple months.

Suggestions?

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,