Re: WorldNIC

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Tue Jun 09 00:52:54 1998

At 23:01 6/8/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Network Solutions agrees.  They're going to start strip mining it and run
>to the bank with the proceeds.  Why should they care about the effects?
>They're going to make boatloads of money.
>
>> See how moronic this is?
>
>No Jay...you missed economics 101.
>
>Unfortunately, the Network Solutions people spent all their time in
>economics and forgot to attend ethics 101 and biology 101.

Well, their brass did.  Check out their IPO filing sometime on EDGAR (I
don't have the URL handy)...Mr. Battista and Co. have incredible bonuses,
salaries and stock options, then double-dip by getting the SAIC share as
well.  I personally consider them modern corporate raiders (remember them?
Buy a company, milk it, then break it up and sell the pieces) with the
Internet as their corporation.

Has InterNIC ever even gotten around to installing their off-site backups?

What do spammers and nails have in common?  They're both intended for
hammering.

Dean Robb
PC-Easy
On-site computer services