Re: Filtering ICMP (Was Re: SMURF amplifier block list)

  • From: Eric Germann
  • Date: Tue Apr 21 17:40:14 1998

At 08:45 PM 4/21/98 +0400, Alex P. Rudnev wrote:
>1) Traceroute is not affected by this filter;

Just a note that if you are using Winders, tracert does use ICMP Echo
Requests, no high port numbers.  FYI.

>2) ICMP is really blocked at many different places of Internet; we answer
>every day _no matter you can't ping www.XXX.com, it's becuase they refuse
>PING's to their network_.

Still don't make it right.

====
Eric Germann				Computer and Communications Technologies
ekgermann@cctec.com			Van Wert, OH 45891
					Phone:	419 968 2640
http://www.cctec.com			Fax:	419 968 2641

Network Design, Connectivity & System Integration Services
A Microsoft Solution Provider