Re: ARIN Services

  • From: Forrest W. Christian
  • Date: Thu Apr 16 16:32:55 1998

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Michael Dillon wrote:
> I suppose that network problems never happen in the People's Republic of
> China? And the Chinese network operators never need to consult
> whois.arin.net to find contact info for the idiot North American network
> operator who's asleep at the wheel with directed broadcast turned on?

The point I was trying to make was that if you HAVE to take something down
at ARIN, daylight hours for the americas is probably NOT the best time to
do it:
  On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Forrest W. Christian wrote:
  > Yes, but since ARIN is the American Registry (the AR in ARIN), you can
  > probably do a pretty good job at guessing when the majority of the
  > users of the service will not be awake.           ^^^^^^^^^^

Now, I fully agree that the BEST solution to the problem is for it to be
available 24x7, as there are those of us which work from midnight-4 on a
regular basis.  (I myself have two waking schedules 9a - midnight or
noon-4a, depending on what needs to get done.)

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc@imach.com)
iMach, Ltd., P.O. Box 5749, Helena, MT 59604      http://www.imach.com
Solutions for your high-tech problems.                  (406)-442-6648