Re: AT&T outage (was: the whole world disappeared)

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Tue Apr 14 12:10:25 1998

On Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 04:33:58AM -0400, Curtis Generous wrote:
> According to Sean Donelan:
> > > All AT&T InterSpan North American frame services are down. Our 200
> > > site WAN just went dark. No ETA for repair.
> >
> > I'm starting to feel jinxed.
> >
> > This afternoon AT&T was in the office explaining how wonderful their
> > network was, and tonight the AT&T network falls over.
>
> We're in trouble - AT&T was also at my office yesterday - same
> sales pitch I believe :-)
>
> It's been close to 12 hours, and we are still not seeing any routers
> on the AT&T connected frame services - any word on an ETA?
>
> --curtis
> Tue Apr 14 04:31:49 EDT 1998

We currently have no pager service from Pagemart - same deal, its AT&T
frame relay related.

This is going on 24 hours now, and Pagemart has no restoral estimate.

For us this is EXTREMELY serious, as that is our NOC emergency alert system;
we alert via automated alpha page to selected people when something breaks.
For now we'll live, but this means that things will get VERY dicey if we run
into any significant trouble nad need to call people in or get ahold of them.

Thank GOD that we don't have any AT&T frame relay service.

Tue Apr 14 11:04:07 CDT 1998

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly / All Lines K56Flex/DOV