Re: SMURF amplifier block list

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Sun Apr 12 12:13:28 1998

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Alex P. Rudnev wrote:

> May be, someone will maintain such lists? First, it allow to fix smurf
> source by 'log' option in the CISCO list; second, it'll prefere some
> attacks.

If Karl will supply us the IP address of a non-critical machine in his
network then we only need one list maintained. Anyone can then add new
networks to Karl's list simply by smurfing his non-critical machine and it
will still meet his criteria of a verified atack.

http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael@memra.com