Re: Bogus announcement of 205.164.62.0/24 by AGIS - CLEARED

  • From: Jeff Stehman
  • Date: Tue Dec 30 15:43:24 1997

Penned by Andrew Smith:

> > As opposed to getting smurfed and asking MCI security to use MCI-developed
> > tracing tools and get "duhhhhh" back in response?
>
> Actually we had a customer being DoS'd yesterday and after a call to MCI's
> security center, they had it tracked down within an hour and filters
> in place.

They eventually resolved the matter for us, as well.  However, the
initial response was basically, "If you can't provide us with the
source, there's not much we can do about it."

--
Jeff Stehman                     Senior Systems Administrator
stehman@southwind.net            SouthWind Internet Access, Inc.