Re: Bogus announcement of 205.164.62.0/24 by AGIS - CLEARED

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Sat Dec 27 15:59:42 1997

On Sat, Dec 27, 1997 at 01:24:05PM -0500, Reid B. Fishler wrote:
> Just thought that I would post that as one of goodnet's larger customers (DS3), we are
> VERY satisfied with their NOC, as well as their service. Whenever I have a problem, I
> can get a member of the goodnet staff to respond quicker than my other upstreams...:-)
> (hint Sprint)
>
> Reid Fishler
> Lightning Internet Services, LLC

Wait until you get smurfed and ask them to use the MCI-developed tracing
tools and get a "duhhhhh" back in response.

They might have fixed this by now (since we bitched LOUDLY about this) but
as of a few weeks ago the NOC had *no idea* how to trace this kind of
activity - at all - nor any desire to learn.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service