Re: smurf

  • From: Joe Provo - Network Architect
  • Date: Tue Dec 09 10:12:56 1997

> ==>Dear vendors:
> ==>
> ==>        GIVE A KNOB TO DO THIS, ACROSS THE BOARD, IN YOUR GEAR.
>
> It's a requirement per the RFC:
[snip]

You, I and many->most of the folks here know it, but as your paper notes
that Bay isn't following 1812 yet, I'm noting Ascend doesn't (or isn't for
all their platforms/wasn't comprehending when we were trying to get good
answers from them).  I don't know if the FORE code that does the Right
Thing is in production yet.

Joe