Re: @HOME problems

  • From: Nicholas Bastin
  • Date: Fri Dec 05 08:31:51 1997

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, NANOG sysadmin list wrote:

> Is anyone here aware of the source of seemingly random packet loss to and
> from home.net?

We have a T1 from @home and I've been getting about 75% packet loss on it
for the last couple weeks.  We've got a ticket in, but nobody seems to
know what the heck is going on.  Best I can tell is all my traffic gets to
MAE-WEST with only 1% - 2% loss, and then starts timing out.  Of course,
anything within the @home network is just as quick as usual.

Nick Bastin
System Administrator - World Trade Internet Communications