Re: @HOME problems

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Fri Dec 05 08:31:49 1997

On Dec 3, Nicholas Bastin <nbastin@wtic.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, NANOG sysadmin list wrote:
>
> > Is anyone here aware of the source of seemingly random packet loss to and
> > from home.net?
>
> We have a T1 from @home and I've been getting about 75% packet loss on it
> for the last couple weeks.  We've got a ticket in, but nobody seems to
> know what the heck is going on.  Best I can tell is all my traffic gets to
> MAE-WEST with only 1% - 2% loss, and then starts timing out.  Of course,
> anything within the @home network is just as quick as usual.

	There's been about 12-15% packet loss between the NASA/Ames
	side and MFS's giga1 for a while now.  That may be related.

J.D. Falk                         voice: +1-650-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations      fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net

"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."