Re: NAP Architecture

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Wed Oct 29 15:20:04 1997

On Wed, Oct 29, 1997 at 09:30:59AM -0800, Ben Kirkpatrick, ELI wrote:
> Yes, by competition.  A smaller telco should offer a better rate at nearby
> sites.  However, then you loose whatever you invested in getting a rack at
> each NAP.

Well, yeah; but I think the question was: how do they justify that
price?  Anything _more_ useful than "what the amrket will bear"?

> --Ben Kirkpatrick
> "Consciousness: that annoying time between naps."

This wasn't an _intentional_ pun, right? :-)

> PS: Probable ELI OC192 cut 25miles south of Seattle (again).  Who's laying
> new fiber on the I-5 corridor and running us over?

_192_?

Wow.  Even _I_ don't make mistakes that big...

Cheers,
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "Pedantry.  It's not just a job, it's an
Tampa Bay, Florida          adventure."  -- someone on AFU      +1 813 790 7592