Re: mbone and realvideo

  • From: Jeffrey C. Ollie
  • Date: Sat Oct 25 17:34:06 1997

brett watson wrote:

>   we're furiously working to get mbone stuff... in the mean time,
> we'll still tape and dump to realvideo.  several folks have complained
> that the player only runs on windows, not true:
>
> freebsd (both dynamic and static link)
> mac os
> os/2
> win95/nt
> solaris (2.4 and 2.5 sparc)
> sunos 4.1.x
> irix 5.3/6.2/6.3

RealVideo is not avalable for Irix 5.3 - not that that's a big problem
for me, as I also have access to a NT system that has RealVideo but it
might pose a problem for others.

> ps.  i'm still open for other formats to dump to.  real-stuff seems
> most accessible to everyone.

Maybe the Interactive Multimedia Jukebox folks
(<http://imj.gatech.edu/>) would be willing to load up the NANOG tapes
on their system.

Jeff