Re: Exchange point stats info

  • From: Subodh Nijsure
  • Date: Wed Oct 22 11:50:15 1997

> I was wondering if someone who knew something about the current status
> of the group(s) that were working on a standard data collection format
> for exchange point statistics, could speak up.  It seems to me that
> operators could still get valuable trend information out of
> published data from exchange points.   However this data would be
> more useful if compared accross multiple exchange point, as there
> are at least 40 in north america alone.  (Although most of those
> are smaller exchange points.)  (Then if we could just get
> providers to publish info on private exchange points...)

This is slight tangent to above but please allow me,

Is there any proposed "standard" using which data could be *collected* from
different vendor routers, something similar to Cisco's netflow?

Does anybody know if other vendors support things similar to Cisco's netflow
for stat collection?

/Subodh Nijsure (subodh@best.com)