Re: Which pipe dream should we be smoking? (was Re: Possible topic?)

  • From: Alec H. Peterson
  • Date: Wed Oct 22 07:28:26 1997

On Tue, Oct 21, 1997 at 07:24:29PM -0700, J.D. Falk wrote:

> 	AFAIK, there are only two types of exchanges out there today:
>
> 		1. Switched Ethernet and/or FDDI
> 		2. ATM

I guess you mean 'only two types of _public_ exchanges'.  The answer
we all come up with might very well be that exchanging traffic over
public media is just not a good idea.  The network might very well
have gotten to the point that it just doesn't make sense to have such
a vital piece of it completely under a third parties control.

Alec

--
|Alec Peterson - ahp@hilander.com    | Erols Internet Services, INC.        |