Re: UUNet Routing SNAFU

  • From: Alec H. Peterson
  • Date: Wed Oct 08 14:25:23 1997

On Wed, Oct 08, 1997 at 09:11:27AM -0700, Michael Dillon wrote:

> Isn't this the kind of problems that the Doran filters are supposed
> to prevent?

Yes.

> I understand that it is not to everyone's benefit to filter on the
> /19 boundary like Sprint does but it seems to be prudent to adopt a
> /8 filter on most of the old class A space and a /16 filter on the
> old class B space.  Other than the need to update these filters as
> the former class A space is subdivided I can see no major downside.

I for one am going to implement such filters ASAP, and I hope others
will do the same...

It might be a good idea for providers to put up web pages on their
policy for accepting external announcements, for reference purposes.

Alec

--
|Alec Peterson - ahp@hilander.com    | Erols Internet Services, INC.        |