UUNet Routing SNAFU

  • From: prue
  • Date: Wed Oct 08 00:47:38 1997
  • Posted-date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 19:17:24 -0700

At this time I am receiving a ton of bogus routes originating from AS701.  This
AS has hijacked all the /24 subnets of 128.1 through 128.1xx.  Since the more
specific route prevails in the cidr world they have managed to wipe out my
network 128.9.0.0 not to mention a hundred other 128.x networks.

This is not good.

The third hand story I got from their hotline was that a core route crashed
causing other core routers to crash.  This doesn't explain anything to me.
Are they using Ascend Giga routers in their core?

Walt Prue