Re: Results of North American NOC contact information verification

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Oct 03 18:58:57 1997

Well, we're slowly creeping upwards.  Through e-mail I've resolved
some more obsolete information, and now verified 36 telephone contacts
through today before I heard about the fiber cut north of Chicago and
stopped.   I have about five more NOC's which sent me updated information
overnight which I still need to verify.

Several, many, people asked how their ISP did, and a two suggested a
"hall of shame."  I'm not ready to make a hall of shame, because its
likely I can't contact some ISPs is because of my own faulty information.
However, I have made a "Hall of Success."

<http://dranet.dra.com/verify-contact.html>

You should not draw any inferences because a NOC is not listed.  Being
listed means someone answered one of the telephone numbers and verified
the information or returned a voicemail message before the end of the
day and verified the information.