Re: Netcom Contact ?

  • From: Kit Knox
  • Date: Wed Oct 01 15:50:12 1997

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Jim Browne wrote:

| Does anyone have a contact at Netcom that understands that SMTP is not
| transported via POP (or port 110) and who could possibly figure out why
| Netcom's mail servers are unreachable by us and several other providers?

It simply takes minutes to connect to one of their mail servers.  It
almost appears that they are under a SYN flood?  I know that we have
already fielded customer complaints about poor Netcom mail performance.

Kit Knox - <kit@connectnet.com> - System Administrator
CONNECTnet INS, Inc. - 6370 Lusk Blvd Ste F#208 - San Diego, CA 92121
(619) 638-2020 - (619) 638-2024 Voicemail/Pager - (619) 450-3216 FAX