Re: *scream* Cannot contact AT&T WorldNet NOC

  • From: Eric Wieling
  • Date: Wed Oct 01 11:41:48 1997

On Tue, Sep 30, 1997 at 09:33:39PM -0700, Geoff Lisk wrote:
> Track down the people that were doing this and you'll probably find people
> from a company that's using your address range on an internal network and
> using SOCKS.  My guess is that it's coming from users that are taking their
> laptops home or on the road.  Not that I've ever made that mistake
> myself... :)

I suspect that you are right.  They appear to have stoped.  However,
since I failed to find anyway of notifying them, next time it happens
they will have a copy of /bsd shoved back down the connection.  It
isn't exactly nice, but I'm sure that they will actually notice that
something is actually wrong.

--Eric

--
Eric Wieling (eric@ccti.net), Corporate Communications Technology
Sales: 504-585-7303 (sales@ccti.net), Support: 504-525-5449 (support@ccti.net)

I don't bother to set my alarm clock anymore.  Someone always pages
me before I need to wake up anyway.