Re: perf #s for GRF vs 7500 Re: Anyone Deployed Ascend's GRF IP Switch?

  • From: Craig A. Huegen
  • Date: Wed Aug 27 00:38:20 1997

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, joseph j. kim wrote:

==>So, who's numbers should we believe or feel are more appropriate to real
==>world situations?
==>
==>> Comparing GateD to IOS becomes more of a religious preference than
==>> anything else.  I'm content knowing both, truth be told.
==>>
==>> > maybe someone can post some performance numbers.

Tolly's report didn't use CEF/FIB switching, and used classical
(centralized) switching.  Ascend paid Tolly for the test anyway--the only
*true* test would be one from Data Communications or similar.

/cah