Re: Loadsa ICMP...

  • From: Jon Green
  • Date: Wed Aug 13 15:54:46 1997

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997 14:00:00 -0500, ed@texas.net writes:

>	Policy routing is fast switched in the right IOS revs (I
>think starting at 11.2(6)F).  Your config would look something like
>this:
>
>	Since denying on an ACL is process switched, and kills your router,
>the goal is to make your router fast-switch the packet to /dev/null...
>aka Null0.

I'm not from a Cisco background, so forgive me, but.. What a strange
way to configure a router.  You have to configure it in a non-intuitive
way because the intuitive way will blow up the router?  I guess we should
be thankful that IOS lets us get around hardware limitations of the box, but
someone should really teach Cisco a concept called "SMP".  Just an
observation..

-Jon