Re: Loadsa ICMP...

  • From: Alex.Bligh
  • Date: Wed Aug 13 15:26:58 1997

> > Now if only Cisco's let you obtain a "src_hardware_addr" :(
>
> 	doesn't the 'log-input' keyword log the input interface?  at
> the end of the access-list rule.

The I/P i/f is FDDI to MAE-East - we know this. The question is
which router on MAE-East it comes from. A trace to the source
doesn't help as we don't know the source address isn't faked.
It would be nice if using logging access lists you could show
the MAC address the packet came from.

Alex Bligh
Xara Networks