Re: Packet size data

  • From: pkavi
  • Date: Tue Aug 12 09:04:16 1997

     Justin,

     Try the following web pointer maintained by the good folks at the
     National Lab for Advanced Network Research (NLANR).

         http://www.nlanr.net/NA/Learn/packetsizes.html

     Lots of useful recent and historical information there (most recent is
     a packet distribution recorded as of 6/25/97).  The average packet
     size passed 250 bytes over a year ago, and still seems to be rising
     although I haven't calculated the exact value.

     Prabhu Kavi
     IP Business Marketing Manager
     Ascend Communications
     prabhu.kavi@ascend.com