Re: Summary of ANTI-spam techniques now available

  • From: Niels
  • Date: Tue Aug 05 14:35:29 1997

On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> time to correct the problem. For the record, TIAC does NOT
> support spamming. Nor does Datablast.NET

No, you just refuse to cancel an account that you know is being used by
the owner to hack nasa.gov machines, and only give in when your customers
start complaining because they can't irc. (so the circle is round now)

Operational issues?  With Linux boxen popping up everywhere there's bound
to be some old installations with broken versions of imapd, sendmail, yada
yada; everybody's network feels ping floods from DS3-connected sites - and
we've all seen "smurf.c".

	Niels

PIH     XXTP     SE     ICTL, BTIHTKY.     <niels@churchofbofh.org>
Note:  I do not speak for my employer  -  they have net.access too.