Re: disabling directed broadcasts

  • From: Craig A. Huegen
  • Date: Sat Aug 02 23:53:34 1997

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Ran Atkinson wrote:

==>If there is some corner case I've missed that requires forwarding
==>of directed broadcast packets, it would be useful for that specific
==>case to be enumerated _in detail, in public_.

There is one case...  In the case of a remote server broadcasting into a
NetBIOS over IP environment where there's not a WINS server.  (Yes, I know
it's remote, but I've used it before... =)

/cah