Re: Network IP analysis?

  • From: Joe Shaw
  • Date: Wed Jun 25 12:59:21 1997

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Martin J. Hannigan wrote:

> I'm sorry I can't post the ftp sites. Can't think of them off the top
> of my head and too late to search. Apologies. Maybe someone else knows
> firsthand?

MRTG is available at:
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg.html.
MRTG requires perl5 and the GD Graphics Library which can be found at
http://www.boutell.com/gd.  Very easy to use, and quite a lot you can get
out of it, although it really only shows the amount of traffic on a
network, not the specific types of traffic that are going through link.

MRTG also has a mailing list, which can be subscribed to by sending mail
to mrtg-request@list.ee.ethz.ch with "subscribe" as the subject.  Also, if
it's still on the shelves, Linux Journal did a great story on Network
monitoring tools in the June 1997 issue.

> Martin Hannigan	(hannigan@firefly.net)	     Voice: 617.528.1099

Joe Shaw - jshaw@insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services