Re: Network IP analysis?

  • From: Tim Peiffer
  • Date: Wed Jun 25 08:53:55 1997

MRTG is a great graphing tool for small applications.  Unfortunately
the package does not scale very well for my purposes.  The snmp polling
and data storage in the logfiles are areas that I have problems with
using MRTG.  Are there any other viable alternatives to MRTG, or are
there any existing mods to mrtg that graph right out of a file rather
than polling for itself?   I already have the data I need and would
like to reuse it.  If possible I would like to have a package that
is separated into 3 sections.  One section can be called upon to
do polling or gathering data out of a repository.  The second can
be called upon to do statistics runs.  The 3rd can be called to provide
graphs on demand.

Tim Peiffer 	    	    	    	peiffer@nts.umn.edu
Networking and Telecommunications Services
University of Minnesota                 +1 612 626 7884 desk
2221 University Ave			+1 612 625 0006 problems
Suite 145				+1 612 626 1002 fax
Minneapolis MN 55455, USA