Re: MCI outages

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Wed Jun 25 01:56:35 1997

>you've been around long enough to know the drill, you call
>your upstream, he calls his, etc., etc., you expect our
>front line noc to know you by name?  things weren't always
>this way of course, just like rfc 1104, information goes
>out of date :-).

If you've been around long enough, you remember the days when
the MCI NOC used to flat-out refuse to do inter-provider referals.
>From first-hand experience, I know they've told their customers to
call the other provider directly, even when both networks involved
were direct MCI customers.  MCI has improved this particular
mis-feature.  In the last month or so, we've successfully received
our first inter-provider referals through the MCI NOC.

On the other hand, after two years our MCI salesperson(s) still
hasn't told us the officially supported way of reporting a problem
to InternetMCI.  But I have accumulated a large collection of 1-800
numbers that I can use to call people I know by name :-).  I prefer
to go through channels, but when the channels don't work, I'm just
as comfortable using any means necessary.