Re: Routing problems at sprintnap?

  • From: Thomas Trede
  • Date: Fri Jun 13 18:39:34 1997

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, Edvard Tuinder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing some weird routes while going through sprint-nap. Is DISA.MIL
> announcing some invalid routes?

Hello,

this is what I just received...

-tom

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 12:09:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: Outage Poster <postout@sprint.net>
To: outage@sprint.net
Subject: OUTAGE: pennsauken BGP

June 13, 1997 11:00 EDT.
We are experiencing routing instabilities due to bad BGP announcements
coming from one of the international network service providers that we
peer with in Pennsauken, NJ. These announcements will cause delay and/or
unreachable states across the country as the network reconverges around
the problem. We have isolated the problem, and are working to clear the
bad routes from our network. We apologize for the routing instabilities
that you may be experiencing, and appreciate your patience on this issue
as we work to resolve it.

Thank You
Rob Rockell
Sprintlink ISC.